Thursday, April 27, 2017

Calgary, Alberta - April 23, 2017 (Day 10)



I woke up this morning to the sun shining brightly in the sky and a lovely 15 degrees of heat. My heart jumped with excitement that the rain had finally ended and that I could continue my outdoor adventures. I checked out of my hotel at 11AM, had some lovely crepes and a homemade hot chocolate. I then made my way to the Indian Trading Post, where I would pick up a few handmade items. From here I decided I wanted one last beavertail with a blue berry lemonade smoothie before starting my day. Once I was done taking in some vacation sweets I sat to ponder what I might like to do for my last day of adventure. I checked out the Banff Upper hot springs, but was very disappointed, for it was simply a glorified man-made pool with hot spring water.  

I chatted with a friend who sent me a link with the top 5 sights to see in Calgary, out of the 5 there was only two I had not yet done… and out of the two only one would be on my way to the Edmonton airport, so I made my way to the Calgary Pre-historic Dinosaur Site. 

I drove for four hours and all that could be seen in any direction was empty fields upon fields (I thought I was in Saskatchewan). Finally my GPS indicated that I had arrived at the look out, all I could see was an empty parking lot, and fields for days. Disappoint I got out of my vehicle and walked to the lookout ahead… and just like Little Foot from the Land Before Time… my eyes would widen and my jaw would drop as I looked down from the lookout I had found… THE GREAT VALLEY (I know I should really adult and stop watching kid movies). 

 
The view was breathtaking and absolutely stunning in a whole new and different ways than the mountains had been. Canyons upon Canyons could be seen for miles, and a small sign would mark the beginning of a beautiful 4 hour trail/hike. 

  




DINOSAURS

I completed my trail just on time, it was 6PM and time to head to the Edmonton airport to catch my flight home. I stopped into Ricky's Bar & Grill, had one last awesome meal, and made my way to the airport. Returned my awesome vehicle (thankful I took insurance cause my windshield had many cracks - think that's a western region norm). Then patiently awaited my flight home... Although it has been an amazing journey I am ready to come home =) 

Thanks again for following and I can't wait to see all your pretty faces xo.
- San

No comments:

Post a Comment