Sunday, April 5, 2015

The Journey Begins

April 2, 2015

Leaving Ottawa was quite a mission on Thursday afternoon due to some crazy Easter traffic, road closures and accidents. I also had a last minute change in baggage weight which added to the chaos and a change of flight times (8pm instead of 9pm). However, I made it to Montreal in time only to find out my flight had been overbooked and that they were begging people to leave the following day. This was probably the first time ever that I was selfish and demanded my bum be on this flight no matter what! 

April 3, 2015

I arrived in Paris at 10am sharp and another miracle happened... my baggage was the first out (everytime I travel it is always the last one out!) I arrived in Juvardeil, France around 2pm, had a wonderful dinner with the boyfriend's family (who are absolutely amazing) and enjoyed a much needed nap after 35+ hours without sleep. 

April 4, 2015

The following morning I was booked for a hair cut, dye, style, and head message at a small but wonderful little salon in the heart of Morannes. Later in the afternoon we enjoyed a wonderful BBQ with family and friends and hit the sac nice and early!

April 5, 2015


This morning we left the house at 2:45am for Zurich, Switzerland. Our journey was approximately 850KM and 8hours in duration, however, by the time are darn GPS was finished leading us through small villages and roads which did not even seem like roads, it was more like 900KM and an 11 hours trip. Although getting lost in the middle of no where can sometimes be stressful, it turned out to be quite a positive experience! We met some really awesome locals and saw some traditional french cities.


One village in particular lead us to a beautiful park with quite the unique forest with astonishing waterside trails. The silence which surrounded us was quite welcoming after a hectic few days of travel. The villages are traditional and have very few hints of modern society. 


This church was very intriguing for me due to the forest of a particular tree which surrounded the exterior. It is a usual practice in many of these traditional villages to cut the dead branches off trees reducing them to have only nubs (kind of like bamboos). However, being exposed to harsh and changing temperatures moss grows on the exterior of the tree covering it from root to nub. Perhaps I am bias in my opinion, but they look like a tree right out of the Hobbit movies which makes me giggle and glow in awe!  


Hopefully, everyone gets to see the updated version of this posts and enjoys some of the photos! I'm crossing my fingers that all of you checking out this blog are having an awesome day, and thanks again for following along and sharing this journey!

- San 

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the pictures from your trip!! Everyone misses you and we hope you are having the time of your life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following along Marty, and thank you for the kind words : )

      Delete
  2. I demand mooooooore pictures and posts! Also I want to see your face and new hair cut….Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete